I can not vote for a person that will not only approve partial birth abortions but to have taxpayer's money (my hard earned money) going to pay for these abortions. (visit this site if you are not familiar with this procedure http://www.nrlc.org/ABORTION/pba/PBA_Images/PBA_Images_Heathers_Place.htm) And what happens if the abortion goes wrong? Yes, some of these poor babies that have been attempted to be killed, up to 3rd trimester, will survive!!! What to do now? After delivering these babies they still KILL them!! I am sorry guys but this is not right. How many of you have had premature babies or have lost a child during this stage of pregnancy? Do you think that baby was just a lump of cells or a living being inside your stomach. These babies need to have their right to live. That is why we have adoption available. I wonder how many of you, your spouses, or maybe even your own children would not be here today if we had this potential act in place then.
For this reason and many more, I can not vote morally for a candidate that endorses this action! (www.nrlc.org)
Please get out there and do your independent research on theses candidates because this is not a time to vote for the one that the media is selling!!

Please feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful.

11 comments:
Right on, Holly!
This is an issue I feel very strongly about. If an unborn child and mother are harmed or killed in a domestic abuse case, the partner is charged. Why is it legal for the mother to do the same thing? Also, regardless on your moral standpoint, the "father" in these situations is having his rights disregarded. If she chooses to keep the baby, he's responsible for child support. But if she decides to abort the baby, he is not even contacted if she chooses against it? What about his rights? What about the right to live? Kudos to you, Holly for bringing up this (tough) issue!
i really have not been able to sleep well at night lately knowing that if a certain candidate is elected then this act will pass and that makes me so very nauseous.
That is monstrous and disgusting and I don't know how anyone can be OK with it. I am glad you are speaking out against it.
I couldn't agree more Holly! I actually just posted a blog/rant myself, about the very same issue last night! No matter how you slice the bread... abortion is infanticide... it's disgusting... and it's wrong! Thank you for taking a stand on what is moral & right!
How twisted American reasoning has become when, here in Ga. and I'm sure other places in this country, if I used the age old method of controlling the pet population by dropping a sack of kittens into the local river, I could be charged with a felony but some of our citizens believe they have a "RIGHT" to pull a baby part way out of the mother and kill it in a most hideous manner.
To disagree with this "progressive" way of thinking I might be labeled an "Ignorant Far Right Wing Fringe Fundamentalist Christian Fanatic" and just added this election cycle, "Who cling to their guns and religion."
I'm getting too old to remember such a long label, I would prefer something shorter to compliment my simple mind. BIGOT will do just fine, thank you!
Closed minded bigoted Amens and Dittos to Holly!!!
This is so one-sided! What about the MURDER of our American soldiers going on in Iraq? It's so funny how the "Pro-Life" Republicans are not so pro-life whenever it comes to war and furthering their agendas (oil!) with American lives! The war on terror IS NOT IN IRAQ! We have not caught BIN LADEN! By the way, Bush is "Pro-Life" and the number of abortions has gone up in the last eight years. So, want to save lives/stop murder? Vote to stop the war and EDUCATE on birth control.
I appreciate your comment except that American soldiers going to Iraq had the choice when they signed the dotted line to risk their life so we can have freedom. I don't think anyone asks the aborted baby if they want a right for life. If we spend more money to educate on birth control who will be doing that education...govn't??? That's more govn't in our lives controlling my family...not me.
Its only one-sided if you define murder as anyone killing anyone for any reason. Death is unfortunate but is clearly different than murder. Because evil exists in the world it is sometimes necessary to kill the bad to protect the good.
From here its all about how you define evil.
The media does it by selling Bush's equivalence with an evil dictator side by side with it's pro-Obama mixed up moral fanaticism.
How do they sell it?... with lies like the source of abortion going up? try this one: abortion has actually gone down!
http://www.factcheck.org/society/the_biography_of_a_bad_statistic.html
Before you label the war a mistake and use it to label republicans hypocrites you need to understand how many lives were saved by removing Saddam from power and having him tried and executed by his own people. It is important to know how many of his own people he murdered:
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/hussein.html
It is an injustice to redefine murder. For the truly murdered are then reduced. Education without morality is an exercise of grave proportions represented accurately by the nazi's.
It is neither stopping war or educating that will save lives, nor is it even voting against one of the greatest pro-choice supporters in the senate. It is understanding and defining accurately and truthfully what is evil and what is good.
I don't appreciate the government spending MY hard earned money on a senseless war. Can I just ask this question while I'm at it...why do the republican rallies look like one big redneck convention? Why is Hank Williams Jr. standing there behind Palin in his cowboy had and sunglasses? Is this some kind of joke? I'm just curious. Our economy is the worst it's been in years, our environment is a wreck, and the world doesn't not respect our nation anymore, sorry, but most of us are NOT voting based on the abortion issue. Making abortions illegal will not stop them anyways. The republicans have had their chance (for the past EIGHT YEARS!) and our country is a mess. Tomorrow, America is going to vote for change.
Thanks so much for posting this on your blog. I feel that so many people do not understand how serious this is. Have you been to this site before?
www.abort73.com
Check it out everyone. This site was created from some great people from my husband's hometown.
Even though the candidate I voted for that does not support abortion did not win we the people can still stand up for what we believe and speak for the unborn! I hope to see you soon Holly!
Mallie
Post a Comment