A friend in Sarasota posted this on her blog a while back and I have made it many times since. It is very good and I wanted to share with those that look here.
Ingredients
- 6 cups Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Lentils
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup chopped Onion (alternative: 1/2 cup of dried minced onion)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (omit if using a salted broth, or the bouillon method)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Grated/chopped vegetables of your choice (optional)
I use lots of kale and lots of shredded carrots. - Approx 2 cups Cheddar cheese (optional)
Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Mix first eight ingredients together in a 9x13 pan
- Cover & Bake for 2 - 21/2 hours in the 300° oven
- During the last 45 minutes of bake time, stir in your grated veggies
- During the last few minutes, top with cheese, if desired

2 comments:
Mmmm... that sounds awesome! I think we'll have to try it this week. :) Thanks!
yup, we've been eating a lot of this as well :) Even my meat eating friends said it tastes like it has meat! LOL
Post a Comment