Loved dinner tonight. I wanted to change up my black bean burger recipe so I created this yummy burger which consists of...(ok, i hate following recipes that don't give measurements but I totally am doing it here bc I did not measure anything so sorry)
Black Bean Burger Recipe
cooked black beans
raw broccoli stem chopped up in food processor (a little less equal parts than the blk beans)
1/4 parts bread crumbs ( I made some of this yummy bread and used it)
salt, cumin, fresh garlic, a full lid of sesame seeds and flax seeds blended in coffee grinder
and just mixed all up. Baked in oven set at 350 degrees 15 min one side then flip for another 15 min top w/ pepper jack cheese and then ready to assemble. we put salsa, avocado and mayo.
On the side we had sweet potato fries...can I say seconds please and we did hear it from the kids. River has a concerned look on his face bc he kept saying hmmmmmm this is so good and then finished first and asked for more.

What I love best about this is that I used the left over broccoli stem from lunch and being a busy mom of 3 I made a huge batch and froze the uncooked patties for a quick dinner during the week.
I also love the food processor that my MIL loan me. I have never used one since I have a VitaMix but I find it enjoyable and easy.


2 comments:
Finally, a much needed fiber breakthrough. and tasty too.
your so funny Jason.. I was thinking man this is high in fiber when I was reading the recipe! I'm going to make this and see how it goes with Oakley :)! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment