Thursday, March 27, 2008

being grounded


So today I was able to get some me time, since nanna and papa have been here. I went to CranioSacral Therapy. I did not know much about it but I did know that Grace helped River with his respiratory breathing issue. I go in and it is something I can't really explain...she can feel the energy running through my body to my organs based on the things I talk about. It is kind of like a holistic therapy. I laid down on the table and she touched my feet and the first thing she said was you are scattered. So over the course of 2 hours we talked about how to make me more grounded and the issues that are around why I am scattered. So that's a bit deep to start with but just wanted to say that I am the first to say I want to be a growing Riley. For me it is spiritual, emotional growth and I am trying to get to the point where I feel more grounded in me.


So that starts with a date with Jason... Because nanna and papa are in town we have free babysitters. Jason and I go off for a date to go shopping and have a nice dinner and a walk near the water. We actually got a chance to say many full sentences without being interrupted by a whine or a cry. I was actually tired after the fabulous dinner that I could not finish because of the soup and salad. I made myself stay awake just because we did have free childcare and they were in loving hands so I had no worries. So we ventured on to the book store and picked up some coffee, that was not even close and tasty as Jason's freshly roasted himself coffee (I like to call it Riley's Roast).

This week I am trying to get all the things done that I would not normally do because it is just not so fun to do it with the kids. I had not realized all the things that I pushed off because it was not worth going to do with the kids. I am excited that we are going to finally do some fun things in Sarasota like the children's garden. i hope the kids do like it. We have not been able to do many kid things because River just has not been at the right age but now that he is 16 months and Ryn is 3yrs old we might be able to do more fun kid things here.

Well, I am going to bed and read a little on this parenting book called One, Two, Three Magic. It sounds fairly good so far. good nite...

1 comment:

clare adams said...

hey! that sounds liek a crazy cool place..i love that you got a date with your hubbie..so precious that time!