Thursday, March 27, 2008

what a sunset can do for your spirit

Another day of getting things done without the kids can make a person very tired. A mid day nap will do the trick for that. We feel that even though we live in a beautiful beach town we really don't get out and see much so today we went to see the sunset and have a picnic at the marina. The kids ate ran around and to see the boats and take in the sweet spring sunset.
River is at that right age where everything is new and he wants to take it all in. Ryn on the other hand is really trying to understand how how it all fits together. She asks me, "is that dirty water? can I eat it?" I told her I didn't think it would taste very good. She is learning the difference between drinking water, bath water, water with alligators, water with dolphins and fish. I do find the beach to be a very peaceful place especially at sunset...or maybe sunset, anywhere I may be, is very cleansing for my spirit.
This week really feels like a vacation at my own home because we have had nanna and papa to help with the kids and I have been able to say, "I am going out to run an errand and I'll be back". I actually get to miss my kids, for the few hours I am gone. It gives me just the right amount of time to come back fully recharged knowing I have done some things that I needed to do and no longer have to sit in the back of my head disturbing my day. Nanna's and papa's are a true blessing. Next week we will get back to our regularly scheduled days with playing , coloring, cooking, reading and of course socializing.
I still have a few things on my list that I want to do like sewing together the whole in my favorite red pants, trying to finish knitting the first pair of Ryn's socks and getting caught up for next week with my meal planning. We will see how much I get done before Sunday.

No comments: