Thursday, October 23, 2008

All is quiet at seista time

Finally both babes are asleep. I wanted to take a picture of little river asleep in the closet but I was afraid that the flash would wake him. He is too funny because he knows that during seista we must rest our body's for the second half of the day. I tell him he doesn't have to sleep but he must at least lay down and rest for 2 hours so he crawled out of his bed and went to the closet floor and fell asleep. Ah....now a little peace and quiet for me to gather my thoughts and prepare for dinner and Beth Moore (bible study).

My birthday is tomorrow and all ryn has to say is "mommy, will you make a cake with agave so me and river can eat some"? "Sure" I said but I don't even know if I will have a chance to make one until this weekend due to all the festivals that are going on but i did find an easy "healthy" cookie recipe that the kids liked. It goes as follows:
3 cups (freshly milled soft white wheat flour...if you can)
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
*preheat oven to 350 degrees
In Large bowl stir flour, baking powder
In Small bowl combine apple sauce, agave & vanilla
Add dry ingredients. Fold in carob chips , nuts & seeds
Bake 12 min

for kids that have never had a REAL cookie then they will love this and I can feel good about giving them a treat.

Ryn is already learning the difference between healthy food and not healthy food so she always asks if it is healthy and wants to eat the healthy food first. I do not know if it is because she likes it better or because she wants to get out of the way so to have the stick cheese.

Lastly, I do want to say I finished the first sock. Now I have to do the other one!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you forgot one ingredient that turns them from almost inedible to edible...sugar. or at least more agave nectar.

Jason

Anonymous said...

oh, wow, gotta go buy me some carob chips! Where do you get them at?
LOVE the sock! Now you have to come over on FR and teach me!