Earlier that day, Ryn and I made me a birthday cake and Ryn loved helping. She got some cake with agave nectar and no sugar.

Then on Sunday we made it to the Children's garden festival where we met up with Ryn's best friend (3 years older than her) and they got matching birds painted on their arm. Since her favorite color is pint then so is Ryn's. Ryn has been on this bird kick and now wants to be a cardinal for halloween. The had so much fun there dancing to kids folk music and playing with each other.
I love to see my kids playing with their good friends as they learn to begin to love others outside your family.
I loved this picture of our friend as she sits atop of the ship enjoying her lolli.
One nice thing about the Children's Garden is that you can feel safe with the kids running around and you not standing right on top of them. I found River in the kid's maze with a little friend trying to find their way out and finally they did!!
I love this season...there is a chill in the air today. I actually had to put on long sleeves. This is so nice and the windows will be up until at least March!! Yea for Autumn!!! I love being outside and now that River is almost 2 he is my little monkey and loves going to the park.
With us being outside so much you can really tell each child's interest. River enjoys an adventure and a laugh and with Ryn, she pays close attention to detail and enjoys experiencing all senses.
One of my most important jobs as parent is to identify each child's strenghts and to encourage that growth and guidance.

No comments:
Post a Comment