well, i was in denial for a long time but i am ready to admit that my almost 2 year old has asthma. it is a big shocker for me because no one that i know of in my family had asthma and i do not smoke. i have decided to do acupuncture and have him on an anti inflammatory diet. i am even pushing it a little farther and saying no wheat or dairy for my little fella. Man and that is a kids' favorite food!! Luckily I am already up in the alternative eating world. I have also started him on a good pro biotic and i am changing his vitamin to juice plus (www.malliejuiceplus.com). This is a whole food children's vitamin. I am going to start taking this one too.
I have started an yeast free diet which is hard too. Again no wheat, dairy and fruits too. This will be hard for me because I love wheat and cheese. Today is day 2 and I feel great, much more energy. I started a probiotic called Primal Defense and I am drinking organic raw kombucha which is great too. I made this change because I was just not feeling right. I have decided to pick up chicken and turkey once a week and fish twice a week. If anyone has any good wheat and dairy free recipes with these meats please feel free to post. I do not know many meat recipes.
Wish us luck and good health and I will keep you posted on River's progress battling asthma.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hey holly, best of wishes with your new diet. going wheat and dairy free can be tough if its something you love so much!!!
our favorite chicken recipe is
AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD
you can cut up some baked boneless skinless chicken breast into bite sized pieces, then toss with avocado, some mayonaise, and chopped cherry tomatoes. its yummy on its own as a cold salad, or you can stuff it into a spelt tortilla with some greens for a sandwich (rudi's organics makes them)
pineapple is also a great anti inflammitory food to eat because of all the bromelain in it.
lots of love!!!
poor baby! Let us know if this new diet helps.
Do you have a kombucha mushroom? I am considering getting one, but I want to try the tea first. It's a lot of work and I don't wanna do it if I am not going to drink it :)
Post a Comment