Thursday, November 20, 2008
Allergy test
So today River had his muscle test done for 10 allergies. We took him to the acupuncture Dr. and Jason held River while River held the allergy. Jason then held out his arm parallel to the ground and resisted the Dr.'s pressure. River's allergy went through his body to Jason's and that is how we tested. Out of 10 things he was allergic to 8 (pollen, grass, weeds, dust, dust mites, animal dander & saliva, perfume). This is pretty much everything inside and outside my house. We are going to treat him with acupuncture but the interesting this is that Jason actually gets the needles and touches River so he gets the benefit too. River's body is so sensitive that I can not even be in the same room as him because we still nurse and share fluids (this could taint the treatment and testing). He has many more allergies to test for, including the foods but the Dr. did not want to expose him to too many allergens to close together so we have to wait before doing more testing. Until then we will treat the ones that we know. In the mean time, I have gotten him a really nice air cleaner from the allergy store, mattress and pillow mite protectors and Nanna and Papa are going to rescue Kaiser (dog) and Zoey (cat) to live in GA with them. I have decided too to hire a green cleaning service to come tomorrow and help me really clean everything good. I took down his drapes and hot (140 degrees) washed them and his sheets and stuffy animals and blankets. This must be done weekly!!! I will definatly have my work cut out for me. Not only that but also following the anti inflammorty diet for River and remembering what he can and can not have (like nightshade foods??). Anyway, this is going to be a learning experience for me because I thought he is nursing, he can't have allergies...RIGHT???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow thats alot to take in I bet...
allergies are tough work to deal with! the good news is that as children get older, some of them go away over time....I used to be allergic to pet dander, and grass, trees etc...it went away when i was about 15.
i've never heard of accupuncture being done that way, interesting stuff!!! see you tomorrow!
Post a Comment