In my attempt to make River's diet with less dairy and wheat and soon to be gluten free too, I found this wonderful pancake recipe in the Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book by Jessica Black. The kids really liked it and it is much more healthy too. Here it is.
1/2 cup walnuts ground
3/4 cup spelt flour (soon to be gluten free flour)
3/4 cup rice flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/3 cup water
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Optional- fresh berries into batter
Combine ground walnuts, flours, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt
whisk 1 cup water into dry ingredients, then gradually add the rest of the water until desired consistency. I also added a little bit of honey b/c I do not give the kids syrup. Cook like you would cook pancakes normally. If you decide to do a gluten free flour instead of the spelt then it says you may need to add 1/4-1/2 guar gum or a blended banana.


3 comments:
yum yum!!!!!
River says mmmmmmm mmmm.
River is great!
Post a Comment