So I have been doing a lot of crafting for Christmas this year. I am buying very little gifts and if I am buying a gift then it is something I think that they can not live without!! Days and weeks fly by and I reflect many times on my life and what my and my family's purpose is here. I know that God puts certain people in our path for a reason but the reason is sometimes the hard part to figure out why. For example, while I have been out to Joann's fabric or at the mall getting really discounted kid winter clothes or on the way to get an ice cream with a friend (girl's knitting night) I have crossed paths with this young girl. I am now really asking God, Do I need to talk to her? She is about 15 yrs old and has like a biker punk rock look to her. I do not know what I would say but I feel like I need to talk to her for some reason. I don't think I will but I feel like I should...make sense?
This past weekend we were able to spend some time at the park for our friend's birthday. It was an beautiful day. Perfect spring weather (but it is not spring). Not too cool and not too hot. The park is near the bay so we took a walk closer and watched the water and saw some birds.


Speaking about crafting for Christmas, I asked Ryn to go in the play room and pick out 5 toys she wanted to give to kids that did not have as many toys as her and she did!!! I have been trying to downsize the amount of toys we have and increase their quality. Their big gift that I bought for the 2 of them is a play stand and can't wait to put it up. Next Saturday will be Christmas here for our kids and I am excited to play.
3 comments:
hey holly! i just got your cabin in the mail today! i hope it arrives safely..let me know, ok? thank you for buying one! it wasn't too bad to send ups...$11. and i love the photo of you on the pier...adn the idea of having ryn choose 5 gifts to give away...how wonderful! and how sweet htat she went right in there and did it!
That is a great idea about giving away the toys. I will definitely do that with Hank Adam when he gets a bit older (now I just put them in a bag and doesn't really notice). Are you going to put up some pics of what you are crafting?
yes, i just wanted to wait till they were done.
Post a Comment