Friday, September 4, 2009

preparing for our home birth

Nanna and Papa have graciously taken our babes for a few days so we can continue getting settled in. For jason it means studying and reading. For me it means getting the house organized, cleaned and ordering supplies for our 3rd home birth.

I feel much better after this morning. I have bought the fishy kiddy pool (has always worked great for us) but this time I got the submersible water pump (to remove the water afterward). I have used this pump while assisting other births and I really liked the simplicity of the clean up. It is a gift for jason, since he will probably be doing the cleanup, but I will be able to use this pump for any other future births I may have and or attend as a doula. So, the birth kit is coming and the pool is on its way too. Now all I need is for everything to be in place by Sept 26th when I have my home visit with my midwife.

No comments: