
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Trying to make it healthy
So the kids had boxed mac and cheese (Annies of course) which is something I have never given them before but the weird "foody" that I am had to make it as healthy as possible so I added so much diced raw kale you can't even wonder about it and black beans. The kids loved it so much and it made it go farther too. He did have some raw carrots and dipping sauce on the side too.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love not being able to wonder about it. I cant believe you gave them a 30% organic mac and cheese with kale and beans dish. If every American ate that once week they would close half the hospitals down. Im sure they liked it after the usual perfect protein/anticancer/antiinflamatory/heart and lung healthy/raw/steamedcooked/macrobiotic/enzymatic/low glycemic/juicing superhero diet they are used to.
I'll have to try that! I usually add frozen peas and a can of chunk light tuna.
Post a Comment