I noticed around noon today that the kids were more fussy than normal and sure enough ryn had a temp of 101.5 so after lunch daddy went back to work and we all laid down for a seista. The kid's normal naps are about 2-3 hours but today's nap was a little over an hour which is odd. ryn spent the rest of the afternoon on the sofa while i tried to keep river from annoying her as much as possible. During all of that i did find the time to make another one of our quick favorite meals and jason thought i should post it so i am. Basically it is red kidney beans, kale, brown rice, fresh garlic, olive oil and sesame seed oil. What i do is take the dried kidney beans and cook then for 3 hrs with the lid on and then i take the lid off and put in salt, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder (not measured just thrown in). I cook it until the water is gone and it is pasty. For the kale, I chop it up real fine (really diced), I put about 3 cups of kale because it is so good!! I put olive oil, 5 cloves of diced garlic and the kale and saute until wilted. Then I put the brown rice in with more olive oil and saute that for a few minutes and then I add the beans and sesame seed oil. I must take a minute and give credit to Jason for the addition of sesame seed oil to this recipe, it does add flavor. Anyway, that was our dinner and now everyone is out and I am left to blog and clean the kitchen and when that is done I will work on my almost finished quilt!!!
I did want to add that earlier this week ryn really had a break through with her painting. She really got into the joy of it and made a painting for daddy, river and me. I think she might take after her MiMi who is in heaven.

1 comment:
so sorry ryn is feeling bad..is she better? will try this dinner 4 sure!
Post a Comment