
It's been pretty regular around the Riley house. No big changes just regular routine. We did get a kiddy pool for the back yard and we kind of use it like a bath tub in that the kids like to get in naked. The funny thing is that where we live the house are like 15 feet from each other so our neighbors get to see my kids running around buck naked in the after noon. I don't really have a good shot of them playing in it yet because in these shots jason is in there too (that might be too much). It is very different living in an area where your neighbors house is right on top of yours and no trees in the yard to hang your swing. This is something we have definitely had to get used to (although we are not). We try to get out to the park about 3 times a week and since there is a swimming pool in the community, Ryn is learning to swim very well.
One of the places that we frequent a lot is the Children's garden which is downtown Sarasota but feels like it is in the middle of a fairy land. We come here on Fridays and meet with other kids and play in the sand box, bridges, pirate ship, maze, hidden gardens...their is so much imaginative things to do. River, at 17 months today, has learned how to climb the ladder all by himself (which scares me). He will definately be the dare devil with no fear. That is the biggest difference between Ryn and River.

I took an quilting class about 6 months ago and I am now getting close to finishing it. Hopefully in the next week I will get it done and put a picture of it up. This is my first one so there is definitely some uniqueness to it. I want to start in to my next quilt quickly so that I do not forget what I have learned. For me to remember how to do these things I have to continuously do project after project or I loose it. Quilting is fun because it is something that you know will be around for a long time and the kids will grow up with the memory of the quilt that mom made for them. Times like this I wish my mom were around to share this moment.
I love being a mom but I think this is the hardest thing I have ever done. I know this hard work will pay off in the end and my kids will be very well round, respectful, and be thankful for all God's blessings!

One of the kids favorite things to do while at the Children's Garden is ride in the wagon through all the windy twists and turns looking for fish, snakes and lizards. (We did see a black snake last time!!). Our friend Wil is in the back and Isac in the front.

No comments:
Post a Comment