Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I hope all had a good weekend with their mom's. This is a holiday that I try not to go over board missing and thinking of my own mom who is now in heaven. It is really easy for me to slip in the pitty me mode because my mom is gone. So this mother's day I woke up and told her I loved her and that I was going to get spoiled today! We had a great time at church and then came home and after River went down for his nap Jason took Ryn swimming until River woke up then he took both of the kids to the park and stayed gone until dinner time. It was great!!! Just me and the dirty house hanging out together not cleaning. It was hard not to clean but instead I finally finished my quilt and started a new little project. Tomorrow I will take pictures of my first Holly made quilt and post it.

Really the whole weekend was good after the 2 weeks of each member of the family getting sick. Yesterday we spent an awesome time at the beach. The kids really do love the beach and River has no fear of the ocean. He was over his head deep and was wanting to crash the waves! I had River and Jason had Ryn and the waves would come and sometimes crash over his head and he loved it. It is true that he loves salt...that is my tricky way of getting him to eat a vegetable he normally doesn't like. The salty water did not faze him at all not even in his eyes. Ryn on the other hand dealt with it but would cry when it got in her eyes. Her favorite thing to do is get buried in the sand. She loves to bring her unicorn to the beach because the Red Bull has chased all the unicorns there (for anyone who has seen The Last Unicorn...Ryn loves that movie).





























I love the way God tells you things if you really pay attention. Tonight I went to the store and had a very frustrating time there. When I got in the car to drive home there was a hugely glowing white cross on top of a church that caught my eye then about 40 seconds later I happen to look at one of the small street signs that intersects with the road and the name of it was Preymore...God what are you telling me?

No comments: