Saturday, July 12, 2008

Busy Summer Days::2

Today we decided to go to the How Do They Make That? museum. River was a bit young but he still enjoyed getting out and seeing our friends and having a packed lunch. They both must have really enjoyed it because they both feel asleep on the 20 minute ride home and I was even able to take them out of the car and lay them down and they stayed asleep (this is rare)!

During that sleep time I was able to work on us getting that fabulous 60's home with the mango tree...grrrr...buying a home is no fun!!!

So when daddy got home we decided to take a trip down to the marina and see the boats and play at the park for sunset and this is what we saw...


Want to know what Ryn was looking at? Well, I spotted a crane of some sort perched on this boat and she got a giggle out of it.





One thing that both kids can agree on is going to the water for sunset, boats and throwing shells into the water. River is really getting into throwing balls and really anything so daddy was showing them how to find the right shell to use for skipping into the water.


The nice thing about the marina are the boats, the birds and how it is a totally a different feeling than at the beach. There are rocks to walk on and a nice fishy smell to the air!

I do enjoy the beach and all the great sunsets and if we get this house on Rose St then there is just enough room for my garden and chickens too!

I want to encourage everyone to embrace the important things in life and don't chase after the moments that to not bring you closer to the person you were created to be. My next step in life is to simplify and get closer to my creative side. The hardest thing is to find out what that creative side is...it's there somewhere I just have to be quiet enough to find it. God created us in His image and he was the most creative of them all.

Love to all!! And try to get outside during sunset...listen to the sounds and notice the smells. Sunsets after a nice rain are our favorite!

No comments: