Sunday, July 20, 2008

"The tongue eats the kisses"

Well the house on Rose St is moving forward. We have the inspection on Thursday so we hope that all goes well. It is nice to have a home again. Since we have been moving around a lot in the last 2 years it has dawned on me how it made me feel not having a stable place to call home. For those of you who do not have any parents then you will understand the need to have your own home one that is yours. Ever since mom has died, I have been without the groundedness of having a parent and I am starting to see its affects on me now. Just today at church I was thinking that I feel like an orphan with no parental supervision, no one to make sure I am doing things right, no one to tell me they will love me no matter what and with all of their heart. I thank God today that He is my strength, I know I would have crumbled after mom died if it were not for my relationship with God but still I feel very lonely at times.

But back on the Rose St. house...we are very excited to own again. We have many ideas with the back yard from building a play/tree house to the huge garden and fruit trees. I am mostly excited to get chickens again and I know ryn and river will like it too. Jason is already designing the yard. We hope to close on Aug 29th so we pray that everything goes with out hick ups.

Ryn says the cutest things sometimes but lately after I give her a kiss she licks her lips and says"the tongue is eating the kisses". I wonder if that is good or bad. Sometimes she says that the tongue is sleeping and is not going to eat the kisses. River said Amen for the first time today. After we said the blessing at lunch today he said "AAAAmeNNNN". He thinks he is such a big boy trying to do everything ryn does (he will be 20 months in 2 days).

Here ryn is showing off her Maya ring sling and patting turtle to sleep.

2 comments:

Songbird Mama said...

Hey Holly....
I can't believe how much older Ryn is getting. I showed this picture to Chad and he didn't recognize her at all! ;)
I hope you guys are doing well...
I met your house occupants the other day, very sweet!
kisses

clare adams said...

hey holly! ryn is just beautiful...she has such a sweet look to her...calm and serene..love the little turtle/sling shot. i totally know what you mean about needing a home base..i feel that too...we are thinking of moving to asheville so josh can firefight and leaving here makes me sad...this is the first place i have called home since home with my mum...well, except the barn....anywho...God provides our home though...like you said....i am so glad He is our strength..still lonely at times though. miss you!