It is odd to me that still so many people think that formula is better for their kids than breast milk. I hear time after time that people are disgusted to see a women nursing their hungry child in public. I have to say that I still nurse my 2 kids (2 and 4 yrs old) and have never covered up (but was discrete) and have never been asked to go to the bathroom to nurse. Come on please, for those who have thought to say that to a women nursing, how about you try eating your lunch in the bathroom and see if those 2 senses mix (smell and taste).I was at the park the other day and was going to nurse River and thought about asking the girls, that I did not know, sitting next to me if it was ok that I nursed there but I quickly decided not to ask. My friend pointed out to me that I did not need to ask because I was more concerned with my child rather than what the other women thought about my breastfeeding.
I want my kids to decide when our nursing relationship is over, as long as I am happy too.
There are le lecha leagues (breastfeeding support groups) in every town and as a natural childbirth teacher I recommend all pregnant mamas to attend a group before having their baby to get all the support they can.
I love having breastfed kids because they see the breast for what it is and don't tell River that he will probably not be the one who breastfeeds his kids.

2 comments:
Great pictures and great post! I totally agree!
glad to see you back!
O still nurses...and says he's not going to stop ever!! ;)
Post a Comment