There is something beautiful about a mom in labor. Her focus, her partner(s) that are there for her for each and every contraction. It is the most vulnerable and powerful time in a woman's life. And for those moms who choose for natural birth, it is so amazing.
I just got home tonight after being with a natural laboring mom who did so beautiful. I love being a doula and being allowed to share this amazing time with new parents. Having an ideal goal and working each contraction as if there was no other. Getting into new positions to work the baby down and out. People say to me, "you are so strong to have had your babies naturally" but for me when I think of doing the best for the baby (under normal situations) then I could not imagine otherwise. It is the first decision we make as parents and the well being of our children.
Parenting, hands down, is the hardest job I have ever done but I would not have done anything differently.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
beautiful!
glad to 'see' you again...
hope all is well
xoxo
a
Post a Comment