Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another Great Birth

I have to say that one who travels 7 hours to attend a home birth should be called a birth junkie. Well, that is what I have done. She is a good friend from high school and an awesome mom. I love helping laboring moms and seeing a baby come into this world is an amazing experience. This mom of 3, now, had her first natural birth on Monday morning at 1:02am. She did it like a pro and actually I hope to be as peaceful of a laboring mom as she was on Monday. She had a water birth and caught her beautiful girl into her own hands. This is also another experience that I have yet done. My second was a water birth but I really want to catch the next one.

Babies born with no drugs are so much more alert. This little one was looking all around and taking in her new experience and meeting her parents. She went right to the breast and new what to do.

No comments: